Saturday, March 3, 2012

James River Blue Cats!!!!

Just made it back from another awesome trip fishing for blues on the James River with some good friends. Kip, his dad, and myself headed back down to chase some giants with the legendary Capt. Hugh Self. And we didn't get disappointed! Last year Capt. Hugh put me on my personal best blue, a 72 pound beauty! He came through once again putting Kip on his personal best a 69 pound brute! I have to say I thought last years trip was a dandy, but this years takes "the cake".  We boated 25 blue cats, 22 of them were over 20 pounds! Including Kips 69, his dads 50, a 45 I landed and multiple fish in the 40 and 30 pound range on down. This was my fourth trip down to the James, and I can't wait to get back. Would like to hit it again this summer and do some night drifting for them monsters! Thanks again Capt. Hugh for a great trip, and all the fun we had. Look forward to coming back soon. Here are a few pictures from the trip.









2 comments:

  1. A trip to remember for sure! Thanks for the great time and trip! Looking forward to the next one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For sure man! Can't wait till the boys are old enough to take them down there!

      Delete